By Leslie Kell
ARE YOU MISSING OUT by not participate in our Curated Venues program? -- Enter your work in the CAS Artist's Portfolio
Why are we asking this question? -- Simple, Curated Venues select artists exclusively from the CAS portfolio and if you are not in the CAS portfolio, your work is not eligible for these shows.
OUCH! Tell me more!
A description of how the Curated Venues work for the Venue can be found on the CAS website under "Exhibit Services." For an example, you can view the current portfolio artists here: http://www.creativeartssociety.org/artist-portfolios.htmls
1. The Curated Program was launched last year and has grown to include four (4) libraries, Topaz Salon, Smile On Orthodontics, and Reveal Dental. And the list continues to grow.
2. The program is designed to attract high-end Venues that want a consistent gallery presentation in their space, while offering our artists an opportunity to plan, install, execute, and promote a professional art show.
DO I HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
1. All members of CAS are eligible for inclusion in the “CAS Artists Portfolio" and (IMPORTANT POINT HERE) the Venue owner or manager selects artists to exhibit in their specific Venue from only this portfolio.
2. Applicants must have a body of work large enough to hang 10-20 pieces, if selected. Your portfolio entry should represent your unique art style and mediums. That's right! We said mediums, with a plural. Some of our great CAS artists are adept at many different mediums. Consistency is the key here. Put your best foot forward and be consistent.
3. And, are you prepared to plan and install your exhibit, as well as prepare the labels for the wall? No worries on this point, as our team is here to help you understand and execute a great, rewarding show, with ease.
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME FOR SURE?
1. If you don't enter your work in the portfolio you won't have an opportunity to exhibit in these venues.
2. Inclusion in the Portfolio does not guarantee a show. Yes, you will be added to a group of CAS artists in the portfolio, if you choose to do so. The Venues will have access to all artists' work featured in the portfolio. Though you are eligible for selection, it is ultimately the choice of the Venue for each of these exhibit opportunities.
WHAT AM I WAITING FOR?? HOW DO I GET MY WORK IN THE PORTFOLIO?
Easy as your grandma's apple pie! Download the Call for Art and enter your work; visit the CAS website at http://www.creativeartssociety.org/artists-portfolio-application.html.